Aeromotor windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
mtblah

Aeromotor windmill

Post by mtblah »

This past June I was privilaged to attend the International Windmill meet In Lamar Colorado . Really nice !
In the attached photo is a 17 inch windmill I displayed on the tailgate of my truck . A gentleman stopped by and stated " I made that windmill " .
My next thought ???????
Hi , my name is Ken Marks , and began to tell me about the family business . He examined the windmill and said he built this one in August 1967 .
Norman , his older brother came by later , also examined the widmill and confirmed that 1967 date . He stated this windmill had a wooden osage shaft bearing boiled in oil ..When a LARGE order can in from Aermotor , ( notice the different spelling ) they started using bronze bearing for faster production
I purchsed a back edition of the " Windmillers" Gazette from 1999 and both "boys " autographed my copy .
My Aeromotor now proudly sits on my desk !
Mike Blahnik
New Braunfels TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Aeromotor windmill

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Very cool Mike, and even a cooler story about it. Congratulations!!!
63markB

Post by 63markB »

That’s very nice. Hard to believe that was 55 years ago!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Another story about those windmills. I ordered 20 one time as I was going to give them out at family reunions. I work on tractors, gas engines, have built my own house, I spent 42 years repairing cash registers and business machines, but have not been able to put one of these windmills together. Gave one to a grandson, his Mama called back and he had it together in 2 hours. I hang my head in shame.
Windcatcher530 Dan

You never had an Erector set when you were a kid did you.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:06 am You never had an Erector set when you were a kid did you.
:lol: :lol:
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Ken & Norman both told me the secret how they assembled those tiny screws ,,,,,,,,,,,
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I had an erector set, but trying get those tiny nuts on the screws up in the neck, there wasn't anything like that with my erector set.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Mike I wonder if the same company made this windmill i have it's a Aero but looks like yours.The brass pump actually pumps water.
20220926_095100.jpg
20220926_095047.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com