Lubbock Trip

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Lubbock Trip

Post by Wayne »

A few general pictures. One of a cowboy giving his horse a drink. As you can see it is so dry in West Texas the fountains don't bubble and the horse have to lick the dew off the rocks. Some rock houses and a rock milk house. The milk house has troughs along three wall they fill with water and then set their milk and butter in the cool water. The rock house was built by a farmer because Indians burned down his log house. You can see the gun ports above the door. The floor was huge slaps of rock also. The other of the rock bedroom was on the back of a log Dog trot house. The front two rooms are log and the back two are made of rock. If you have never been to the Ranch Heritage Center it well worth your time. I made all the place's of interest except the Buddy Holly Museum. Went to the Silent Wings Museum. all about the gliders of WWll. Neat place. The barn looking structure behind the red fence is actually a Cotton Gin built in 1874. It came from Smith County Texas about 10 miles from were I used to live. It was given to Texas Tech in Lubbock 1974. It has set neglected for a few years now money is being raised to move it to the Fiber Center and restore it. I've a few dollars and will be in Lubbock when it is moved.
image000003(5).jpg
image000000(170).jpg
image000002(21).jpg
image000001(83).jpg
image000002(22).jpg
Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Lubbock Trip

Post by mtblah »

Thanks Wayne for posting !!!!!!!!!!