Very productive windmill Saturday!

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mattshup

Very productive windmill Saturday!

Post by mattshup »

Had a good saturday! Wind cooperated well. Saturday morning The dakota windmill rebuilt a702 went up on its new 27 foot tower. went flawlessly. had the help of my dad and a good buddy. Its going to be just a spinner yard decoration, I've seen people say to put some weight on the pump rod and some say not to. what should i do?

saturday afternoon consisted of taking down a david bradley mill that i acquired from a neighbor for trading a little drone photography. looks to be in good shape. gonna be gone through this winter hopefully.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenneth

Re: Very productive windmill Saturday!

Post by Kenneth »

Looks good. I like your bucket truck. Makes windmilling a little easier.

Kenneth
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Matthew , look great ! Also looks like you take good care of the kids , merry-go round & slide , cool .
weight is not the important part . I try to make my "stuff" look it is doing what was designed to do . therefore a pump under it , also a pump jack , John Deere brand pump jack , there fore the J D model E engine that cost Way too much $ , yes wayne you were right !
Most important thing , be sure you know the furling system works well , i hear the wind does get a bit gusty in the Dakotas . :roll:
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Great job Matt i see you have the bug, your already working on number two windmill. I agree with Mike find a pump to put under the mill just for looks.Hook a succer rod up just dangling above the pump.Glad to see we have a young feller into windmills.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Mike, I'm sorry for being right. Probably won't ever happen again. Yeah a pump under a windmill gives the kids something to play with.
windybob

Post by windybob »

If you wish to slow it down, keep the tail furled over just enough to not let the brake band rub. the farther over it is, the less the wind hits the fan (wheel) head on.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.