Texas Ranger Musuem

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
mtblah

Texas Ranger Musuem

Post by mtblah »

Spent some time at the Texas Ranger Musuem today . WOW If you live in Texas it is a must see & experience !
Musuem suggests 2 hours to look but its easy to spend the day . Yes its a big deal.
Those of you who plan to travel into central Texas spend a day in Waco , not just at Chip & Joanns Magnola , but spend some time at the musuem .
Did you know it was a Texas Ranger who shot Bonnie & Clyde . 180 bullet holes in the 34 Ford they were driving .
When you come down next year to the windmill trade show in october spend a little time in Waco .
Just my thought for the day.
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Jim Corcoran

Re: Texas Ranger Musuem

Post by Jim Corcoran »

I'd recommend a stop at the Dr Pepper museum while you're there as well.
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Jim , Dr Perrer Musuem is on the agenda for tomorrow .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I was at Homestead Farms yesterday North of Waco. Was disappointed, the last time I was there after Thanksgiving the black smith made a hatchet head. Was really neat watching him take a pieces of flat 2X6X3/4 and turn it into a hatchet. Like watching someone paint a picture. Will this year he was doing a demo on how to forge a knife. Didn't get a lot out of it. It was still a good day. I've been to both the Dr Pepper Museum and Hall of Fame. If you want to see what roamed around 60,000 years ago take in the Mammoth Digs on the North Loop. Mammoths, Camels, Horses, Saber Tooth Tigers. Their all there.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

tomorrow afternoon's agenda to Mammoth Digs
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Not to side track your post......but if you are ever in El Paso go to the National Border Patrol Museum. Very interesting.
Gregg
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

have not been there , yet , had no idea that musuem existed , will need to stop next time thru ElPaso
these little know musuems are really high quality collections !
and no Gregg you didnt highjack , just added
Thank you
Mike B
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

WOW!! Sounds like you guys are having a good trip. Pics would be nice.