Fruit Cake Capital

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Gregg

Fruit Cake Capital

Post by Gregg »

Wayne, I seen a story the other day that Corsicana Texas was the fruit cake capital of the world. I didn't know someone actually baked new cakes, thought they just passed the same one around...... ;)

Gregg
Peter vk

Re: Fruit Cake Capital

Post by Peter vk »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Man oh man Gregg, isn't that truth!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hey Gregg, I don't guess you were at Lubbock or didn't come by my table. I was serving Corsicana Fruit cake. Had bunches tell me I don't like Fruit Cake but I like this. A lady from Minnesota said she was going to serve one at her ladies get together and not tell them what it was. My Mama was happiest when it came time to go shopping for supplies to make her Fruit Cakes. If she knew you she was going to give you a Fruit Cake. I love them. Try to keep a Collins Street Bakery Fruit Cake in my Fridge. A small piece goes great with a cup of coffee while watching TV.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wayne, I was at Lubbock and went by your table. I was watching CBS news and the story came on about the fruit cakes. I remembered you were from Corsicana.

Happy New Year!
Gregg
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I have never actually known anyone who ate one, I wonder what they taste like?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

You have to taste it to know. Hard to describe. If you like pecans that's a start. They are full of pecans, and of course the fruit. The cake is there to hold it all together.