another one

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mtblah

Re: another one

Post by mtblah »

:D Thank you
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Ideal Steel is now mounted on a stub tower so its standing & spinning . Tail is now hanging after a sign painter followed the faint outline of lettering past , he used red because thats what the owner wanted ..
The photo of the RARE oil filler cover is a nice find . any want to have some recast ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

That looks amazing Mike. Great work. I would sure like to buy some
Of those caps if you do recast them
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Very nice work Mike and I love that oil cover.I believe that is the third Ideal I've seen on the forum are they common down there? I have a Samson open gear but would like to have an ideal for my collection also.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Dan , New Braunfels is an old german town started in the mid 1800's
still a lot of origional families here and as you know the germans are frugel (tight) with everything . there are 3 musuems full of old german stuff here and more keeps popping up .
I have reserected 2 Ideal Steel , both from the same hardware store here in town
When I looked for parts Windybob had what I needed so maybe in the southwest US sold a significent amount of Stover built products ?
or maybe there was good salemen in this territory ? also north south railroad for moving cattle , etc
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Thank you for that information Mike, I think that is so cool that the local hardware sold Stover mills. Is the store still there?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Great job Mike.
windybob

Post by windybob »

For those keeping score.... ;) This makes 2 for Mike, and one for me. (Ideal Steels)

That makes Mike twice as smart as me. :D I figure that's a lot better than me saying that I'm half as smart as Mike. :lol:
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

:lol:
Bob , we know better than that ! you painted yours easter egg colors , the best I could do was black .
when I needed parts , you were the person who saved my hide , again .
Thank you , and yah , the windmill calendar has your picture in March , famous again , but not on the post office wall this time . :roll:

Mike B