A602 complete rebuild.

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
TdcJD

Re: A602 complete rebuild.

Post by TdcJD »

This will be an interesting one to follow. I don't like to think of things just being too far gone, but it is sometimes reality. I'm very sentimental with things, so if it was me, and it's probably a good thing it's not lol, I would probably put way too much time effort and money into trying to save as much as I could. Especially the main case. Although worse case scenario you can do like Jeff said. Then display the unsalvageable parts or something like that so you still have them.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have done things to windmills I should be arrested for. Like welding a snout onto a 602 case, and repouring it. Still up and running after many years. I don't reccommend doing silly stuff like this.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Hey, sometimes silly stuff like that keep pieces of history out of the scrap pile!
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Amen to that Thomas,i even try to save the original nuts and bolts if I can.
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:13 pm i even try to save the original nuts and bolts if I can.
I try to do the same. Especially on my tractors. And when they can't just be reused I try to find good reproductions
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

What i find is those old bolts and nuts the metal is more dense and harder and when cleaned up have a hard shine to them and not chinsey looking like the bolts and nuts do today.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In the old tractor world it's amazing how little they start with sometime and all they have to reproduce to bring it back. Look at the 150 HP Case Steam Traction engine they built from blueprints. It's an amazing machine to watch in action. What ever makes you happy with the end result. When it's in the air spinning no one will know unless you tell the story.
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

I saw video about that. Truly an impressive machine. And you are correct these old things are really just so simple