Hail and windmill tails

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
TdcJD

Hail and windmill tails

Post by TdcJD »

Just learned the hard way why not to lay your windmill tails outside your bedroom window. As many know there was a round of strong storms going around. Down here in San Marcos TX I can tell you the hail started at precisely 3:35 am and lasted until 4:40am Thursday morning. I can tell you this with such accuracy because the tail for my Dempster 12 is laying flat on a planter just below my bedroom window. And BOY was that a racket!! I was stuck wide awake the entire time. And now I know. Do not store windmill tails flat outside! And you can breathe a sigh of relief, the tail was undamaged!
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Hail and windmill tails

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I usually bring my windmills in the house if there's gonna be a bad storm. Nuck Nuck !!!
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Haha now of you had some of those tilting towers you certainly could bring those poor frightened windmills inside!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Dan , the white stuff that falls on the ground up there could be very noisey also ? :?:
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Actually there's some truth in that mike. Today it was warm enough the foot of snow on my metal roof on the barn let loose crashing on to the porch roof and catapulting about ten feet out to the ground. Scared the BaJesus out of me.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

They are working on my road. They put all our mailboxes on plastic barrels so they could move them out of the way. Thursday night our wind and rain came through, blew the plastic barrel with my mail box over and got my mail nice and wet.
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Oh yea I saw a few mailboxes and trash cans all over the place. Guy down the street from me had his mailbox blow over and he has it set in a cement disk!