Wincharger 12 v charge controller??

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
EarthQuaker

Wincharger 12 v charge controller??

Post by EarthQuaker »

1978 Wincharger 12 volt, 200 watt has what appears to be a 1st generation charger controller? Ive talked to those who used to be Wincharger Dealers...said never seen a 200 watt 12 volt unit with supplemental electronics,transistors, diodes etc? There is an additional 12 or 14 gauge positive wire exiting generator body. The 2 wires ( the 12 gauge and main positive cable) have to be connected together for generator to put out power.
Model W02HS4D-212/A volts 12volts
Ser. # 75175 U83 watts 200
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Wincharger 12 v charge controller??

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

The controller for the late model 12V 200 had a simple power diode, heat sink and amp gauge. It appears someone may have added their own circuit for field control. If it’s a factory circuit I’ve not seen one before either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EarthQuaker

Re: Wincharger 12 v charge controller??

Post by EarthQuaker »

Thank you sir. Nice looking panel....I know I need to put a 30 amp diode in line to battery bank. I cant rust existing electronics obviously...unless I can buy exact replacement panel parts. Back in the day it appears you went out side and manually pulled rope to apply brake once batteries were charged. What did first generation wind generators do about battery top off etc. I have a 141 ft deep well that went a bit dry 8 months ago. I have 38 inches water but good recharge rate. I do have amature wind /solar knowledge. I installed a DC Aqua Tech piston 2 stage pump, basically built like 2 heavy duty RV pumps in a case. 2 24v 240 watt panels give 30 volts. The pump control panel has 12v, 24v, 30v options. At 30v i get 1.5 gpm to a 1200 gallon cistern which has a jet pump. I accidently discovered I could have my well be off grid for about $1200.00.
IN central Oregon here we get 4 to 5 hrs of strong wind off the cascade mountain rage year round. Hoping to have wincharger be part of my well water battery system if i switch pump panel to 12v but then it puts pump down to 1/2 gpm.
Enjoy this forum, Im a retired excavating contractor with a nice shop...time to get back into wind and solar for my hobby farm.