First day of spring

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Windcatcher530 Dan

First day of spring

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

It's finally here!! HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE.
20230320_090911_HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: First day of spring

Post by windybob »

LOL that's rich. haha
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000000(199).jpg
This is what spring is looking like around here. Bluebonnets are blooming. An old school in Tehucana Texas. Pronounced TE-WAH-KANA Tehucana was the starting point for Trinity University which is today in San Antonio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Yes , there is an abundance of bluebonnets this year !
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Wayne - I see to recall reading that Tehucana, TX was nominated to be the state capital at the same time Austin was.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yes that's true. A man named John Boyd received a Mexican land grant where Tehucana sets. He was a member of the First Congress of the Republic of Texas. He nominated Techuacana. AustinI won the vote in 1850. In 1869 he have 1500 acres to what would become Trinity University.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Thanks Wayne.
The Trinity University building is a neat old building. I’d like to go inside of it. I hope it is still standing as it has been a few years since I’ve been by there.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000000(197).jpg
The building is still standing but the back section roof has fallen in. They have a fence around the place. I was able to look in a couple of windows. Inside I saw a Royal Crown old flattop cold drink box. I would love to have that. I ate that day and then went to a favorite antique store. I found this picture taken of the site in 1953. It would have been Westminster College back then. I'm going back Saturday and look around some more.