Window Peeper

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Window Peeper

Post by Wayne »

Setting in my chair last Thursday night watching Tv I saw this thing waving around in the top of my window. It looked like one of those things they put out in front of tax offices with air blowing through them. It was weaving and flopping. I finally realized it was a snake. It crawled off and out of site. After a bit I got my flash light and went out on the porch and there it was now, laying on the small ledge at the top of the window. I went and got me a long handled garden tool and pushed it off. It crawled up over a chair so I poked him a couple of times and it crawled off. I have a pair of Barn Swallows with a nest high up on my porch and they roost at night at the other end of the porch. The snake was trying to get to them. Unless it could fly I don't think he could have made it. I do find it pretty amazing that it made it to the top of my window. Lived here six years tomorrow and that is the first snake I have seen.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Window Peeper

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

One snake in six years, sounds like a pretty good ratio !!!
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I was moving RR ties last week, pulling them out of a pile by hand. There was this big bull snake that oddly would not leave m e alone, I like bull snakes, they catch a lot of mice so I kept an eye on it so I didn't pinch him. Anyway, all in a sudden, it made all sorts of noises and raised up like a cobra you see on TV. Right where I would have reached in next was a large rattler. That thing saved me a very expensive DR bill!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

WOW , a bull snake as a life saver ! who would of thunk
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

WOW , a bull snake as a life saver ! who would of thunk
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Have you ever had an encounter with a drain snake ! Those things can put up a good fight.!!!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Wow neat story!