Dating a W series Monitor

......when you need to get in the weeds.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Dating a W series Monitor

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Hmm, maybe I should have worded that differently, I am not asking one out, LOL. Anyway, was there any stampings on the metal like Aermotor kinda did? W series Monitors are not really in my scope so I am asking you experts, thanks
Wayne

Re: Dating a W series Monitor

Post by Wayne »

I'm not an expert on them either, but have never heard of anyway to date them. Once they started making the W series I don't know if they made changes you could say tied to a time period. The only thing listed in the Wind Millers Bible is a change to the vain. They went to an Aermotor shaped vain in the 1940's from the rudder shaped vain.
windybob

Post by windybob »

There are differences enough to get an idea. Longnecks were made until 1940. Vertical tails came in '40-41. Ac's made until 39 I think. Don't know when they went from 6 sec wheel to 5 on the 8 footers. All 6 ft mills took the 4 sec wheel. If it's a David Bradley model, I would look at the green book to see when Sears marketed them.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I have an odd WE, it has the lower bearing like a Hambone, also, instead of the weird pulley arm below the head, this one has the exact same pulley arrangement as the smaller mills. I have never seen another and the original owner thought it had the long vane like before the vertical ones. Thanks