Aermotor Power Mill (Driveshaft/Power shaft)

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
hwy8

Aermotor Power Mill (Driveshaft/Power shaft)

Post by hwy8 »

While new gears are being engineered and then made, I've been working on the replacement parts for the power shaft. Aermotor made a special angle iron that was mounted down the center of the tower (where the pump rod usually is located) To that was mounted iron brackets that hold wooden bearing blocks. When there was a joint between rods, there was a forged "u-joint" that sat upon a bronze bearing that held two hardened washers and a bit of lube.

My photos show the old parts compared to the replacements (which I have used my needle scaler to "age"). The iron bracket is sitting in a red painted, wooden follower ready to go to the foundry and be used as a pattern. The box of parts looks like one of those Christmas boxes with little cheeses and sausages, don't you think? A few more parts to make and I'll be done with this phase. I still have to boil the wooden blocks in oil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Aermotor Power Mill (Driveshaft/Power shaft)

Post by mtblah »

It is remarkable you found all the parts & pieces to make new assmblies , thanks for the effort & photos .
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Aermotor Power Mill (Driveshaft/Power shaft)

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike they came with the power mill when found !!!