Radio Tower windmill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Radio Tower windmill

Post by Wayne »

Hello folks I'm back from Wyoming. Left cool weather and even snow to come home to the 90's. A while back someone posted a picture of an Aermotor on top of a radio tower. Sunday while coming around Denver on E470 at the entrance to the airport was a radio tower with an Aermotor on it. Sorry no pictures, as I was peddling pretty hard had lots of miles to cover and not much daylight. I don't remember if anyone came up with the location of the first one. Anybody remember? Had a great time even looked a Bison in the face. He came up a little hill while we were waiting to park. If my window hadn't been up I could of felt his hot breath. Then he turned and started eating.
Ron Stauffer

Re: Radio Tower windmill

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Wayne
There is a wireless IP service that has towers that ring around Denver. They are not identical but I think the one you are thinking of has a large wooden platform with railing that has a windmill and multiple microwave dishes?

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Wayne

Re: Radio Tower windmill

Post by Wayne »

Yes thats the one I saw. It really caught my attention as I was driving by. Wish I could have stopped and got some pictures. I was in a hurry to get out away from all the Sunday afternoon traffic.