Veterans Day

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
windybob

Veterans Day

Post by windybob »

Please remember the ones who kept our freedoms for us!

The backstory to this video is this.... Way back in 1998 I was running a sound system for most of the activities around town here. At the Memorial Day Ceremony Rememberance, I decided to record the entire ceremony at the veterans memorial site in the cemetery here, as we usually have. After the ceremony, I took pieces of the veterans' speeches, and put them to patriotic music. I personally knew all the speakers, and the singer in the sound track is a good friend of mine also. I sold analog (tape) copies of the recording to the public, and donated all the funds to the local VFW chapter here. Just recently, I learned there were ways to convert analog files to digital, so that I could do it myself, instead of paying a studio to do it. That way, it could be sent to anyone, and they can hear it. Now I learned that I could also make a video, and it would be digital also. The learning curve was, and is, very steep indeed, but the results are completely satisfactory. Now, the entire initial idea I had back in the 90's has come true, and I am participating in new ventures in my life. I am terminally patriotic, and assembling this compilation was indeed tear-jerking, as I knew all the participants personally, many of them not here anymore. If you enjoyed this video, feel free to send the link to anyone you think may enjoy it. Also, if you play this on a system that has very good sound reproduction, you will enjoy it even more. Thank you for your support, and please do not forget those who gave everything for our freedom. During the original production, I made a mistake and squeezed out a picture. You can view the edited version of the video here.....

The original version is still available to view, albeit one picture of importance was squeezed out during editing.. the original link is here...... Bob
Last edited by windybob on Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Veterans Day

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Great, Great, Job Bob. My Dad fought in the Korean War he is still with us we just celebrated his 95th birthday !!!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks. I hope the country remains free for your dad to see. My dad is rolling over in his grave about now.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

THANK YOU Windy !
my grand father was in the civil war
my father & mother both in WW2
both my brother served viet nam era
my son served Irac era
my grand son just completed 4 years in Korea
5 generations of service to our Country
windybob

Post by windybob »

thanks for the service, and for liking the video.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Windy. I agree about rolling over in his grave. Big thanks to all our Vets. My brother-in- law was in Korea and said he hasn't been as cold since.