Pump Fans

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
RPinAZ

Pump Fans

Post by RPinAZ »

I took this at a flea market in Quartzite AZ about 6 years ago. Thought it would look more old-timey in black and white. I figured the pump guys here would appreciate it.

-RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TdcJD

Re: Pump Fans

Post by TdcJD »

That does look really cool. I need to get me at least one of those to go under one of my mills lol
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Three onion bulbs in the row... How about a Jackson/Fieldler moment to now? The uncommon has been gathered up quick, doubt you would find that many onion bulbs for sale in one gathering or a line up like that nowadays

Thanks for the Ah Shi Sle Pah reference! That was our destination for the eclipse and still the parking area filled on the day. We were there for over 2 days and checked out 3 of 4 trailheads. AZ friends met us there and took them the short way to Chaco, a mere 15 miles/55 mins away, over the road that was the old way in to Chaco. Ah Shi Sle Pah impressed me way over Bisti

Some from Ah Shi Sle Pah.

assp 14.jpg
assp 18.jpg
assp 16.jpg

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That is really cool looking, kinda reminds me of soldiers lined up with their rifles at arms. Thomas your time will come and you'll start collecting them too. From the horses mouth !!!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Fasinating area , fasinating history , spent some time at Mesa Verde last summer . Native Americans were far more advanced than us invaders .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Way Far. The old boy that had to set those up and take them down at the end of the day, earns every dollar he receives.
RPinAZ

Post by RPinAZ »

Ron, glad you liked Ah Shi Sle Pah. As you saw, its off the beaten path even more so than Bisti.

-RP
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Native Americans were far more advanced than us invaders .
As Cochise said to Geronimo "we should have built a wall"

Chaco is part of the National Park System with an official label of Chaco Culture National Historic Park and also a UNESCO World Heritage Site' Sixteen great houses have been identified there. The largest being Pueblo Benito, 4 stories high and 800 rooms, completed around 1150 AD. It was not surpassed by anglo technology and building until 1890. Stone work is impressive. It is my go to place to take visitors having been there 10 times. Thankfully it is in the middle of Navajo Rez with dirt rez road access with only a campground and visitor center so doesnt see crowds like the rest of the NPS. The people you see there really want to go there and hold it in reverence.

pueblo bonito.JPG
Chaco stone1.JPG
Chaco stone2.JPG

Ron
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Impressive information and photos
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Awesome Architecture and engineering.