Just got my first Windmill

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
nodor

Just got my first Windmill

Post by nodor »

Hey everyone, just got my first windmill, I have wanted one for years. There are many around my parts in the wheat fields, so seeing them still standing is fairly common, however I finally just got one of my own. I had to literally dig this out of the ground, we only saw it by the gearbox, then found the mill buried below it. The vain is broke off but I think I might be able to weld it back together. There is a 4 post stand out there laying on the ground that I can go get also. I was able to snag this one for free just for getting it. I cant wait to get this fixed up and working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Just got my first Windmill

Post by windybob »

Congrat's to you! Looks like a keeper, be a great project. I dug up a TipTop out of the dirt, yours looks factory-fresh compared to what I dug up. I made a great looking and operating mill from mine, I know you can too. I'm not quite sure what model you have there, but will follow your progress. Take your time!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
nodor

Post by nodor »

I think its a Fairbanks-Morse (steel) Eclipse. Or at least that's what I gather from the vane.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I saw that, but didn't know just what model. Eclipse was on every model F/M came out with practically. I think Eclipse ( the name) sold more mills than what the mill actually was, did.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Thank you for saving that mill from its grave Nicholas. It doesn't look too bad actually. Keep us updated on your progress as you restore that ole boy. Thanks !!!
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum. That looks like a FairBanks-Morse #37
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

welcome from Canton, TX
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com