80ft Fire Lookout Tower

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
RPinAZ

Re: 80ft Fire Lookout Tower

Post by RPinAZ »

Same here. We've got to the point where we can justify just about anything.

-RP
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I live by the rule it's a whole lots easier to get forgiveness than permission. Then it becomes less stressful while the wife is chewing on you about buying another piece of rusty iron. You can look out the window and admire your new treasure. Of course that might explain why I'm single now, to many treasures!
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

I located and bought this 85' fire lookout tower earlier this fall and finally have it all hauled home. It had been taken down about 4 years ago so I didn't have to deal with that but still had to haul two loads of iron at near 9000 pounds. It had initially been put up in 1932, not sure who the tower manufactuer was but all parts are stamped with a number and an 'A' prefix. When it was taken down nothing was marked so I have a major erector set on my hands. If anyone has any idea about the manufactuer, blueprints or instalation plans for this please let me know. I did find a picture of an identical tower located in northern Wisconsin, attached.
101_0510.JPG
101_0511.JPG
101_0519.JPG
101_0524.JPG
Fifield_Fire_Lookout_Tower.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Nice one Ivan. Good to hear from you! If that's the supplier they bought it from, can you research the supplier and see what make they sold?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

WOW! That's a lot of iron to put back together.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Used to be one at the historic fort washita near Durant Oklahoma .It had the internal stair was used five is the old fort and lake texoma. It was taken down years ago