Christmas tree ornaments

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Christmas tree ornaments

Post by Wayne »

Reading about the train display out at the Wind Power Center in Lubbock. It said the windmills on the display were 3D printed. I'm wondering why no one has printed them and sold them as Christmas ornaments. They are just the right size. I might buy one or two. ;)
TdcJD

Re: Christmas tree ornaments

Post by TdcJD »

I wouldn't mind one or two for my own train layouts! Haha
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The last time I was out there I was admiring the model windmill on the layout and wondering where they had come from. 3D printing never entered my mind. I think I'll contact them and see why that idea was never thought of to sell in the gift shop.
rockislandnut

Post by rockislandnut »

Those small prints with that amount of detail can be difficult to achieve. The time to print and clean up you wind up with two much time to sell for what most people would pay for 3d printed plastic. Neat but hard to sell. Been playing with windmill weight ornaments but have not quite perfected it yet.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Darrin , some of know what your level of PERFECT is . everything you you create is perfect !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I understand. I love models of everything old. Especially the real detailed ones. Tractor Supply used to sale the detailed tractor models after Christmas every year. I head that way right after Christmas every year. Darrin have you completed a any model don't acre what brand like the Halliday? Maybe a Challenge Sectional wheel. I thought at one time you were working on one.
rockislandnut

Post by rockislandnut »

Wayne have a ton of models in various states. Need to get focused and get a few done. I made the challenge sectional that I sold it lamar when you got your mill but have not worked on a halladay yet.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'd druther have a Challenge sectional model. If you want to make another.