Cold spell

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Cold spell

Post by Wayne »

How is everyone doing with the chilly weather. It is 19 on my porch. I feel warm compared to some of the other places I've seen. My Granddaughter lives in Omaha Nebraska and said it was -6 with wind chill of -35. My Daughter in Le Pine Oregon has 30 inches of snow. :o
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Cold spell

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I can't complain this year so far we've been above normal as far as temps 40s and some 50s only one snow event 6 inches mostly rain. But we're going to be in the 20s this week.
windybob

Post by windybob »

3 this morning. Been snowing for a while, but a couple inches max they say. All faucets are dribbling. Fingers crossed.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

Temp here was -43C better than 45 below zero F plus wind chill. Alberta had to import power from neighboring Saskatchewan.
We had warnings on TV no to use heavy drawing appliances, block heaters Etc in the evening hours.
I remember these extreme cold temps when growing up in the 1940 and 50s.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

when I was MUCH younger, it was so cold the front wheels on my fathers van froze , he drove it out to the main road that was plowed to get traction on the tires to break the frozen grease
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

WOW! I had a Datsun diesel pickup. Never had a diesel before didn't . I hadn't put any of the fuel treatment in for cold weather. Was driving along and it started slowing down. Barley running to an auto store. Bought some stuff to make it flow. Took a bit but we finally got going.