Mystery Paris Dunn

Share and discuss your vintage wind generator related projects.
Mike Hage

Mystery Paris Dunn

Post by Mike Hage »

17058301574602127748806026715861.jpg
17058301158287881341672085305216.jpg
Ok now Ive found 3 of these, all in central Saskatchewan. Far enough apart tho that it wasnt just some guy making his own tail. And now I also have the stub tower for one of them. A little different than the Paris Dunns ive seen. I cant make out any name on this tail but the one I have has a poorly repainted, mispelled "Stewort warner", and the other, a stencilled "Whirlpower" I know the hardeare chain Macloeds sold the PD but they were straight up PD and had the Macloeds name on them. Not sure who sold these. All 3 have the same droopy tail. I wouldnt mind to restore it but Id have to know whats what u know. Any ideas anyone? Im also looking for parts for a 1917 Studebaker 4cyl touring. I know thats not windmill related but.. wait.. ys it is theres a little windmill right behind the radiator ha ha!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Mystery Paris Dunn

Post by mtblah »

Mike , thanks for the post , it is interesting the wall insulation all around , here in south TX we seldom see such . also super finds on 3 of the PD generators , yes they need to be preserved .
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Mystery Paris Dunn

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

I haven't seen any literature that shows that PD variant. The droopy tail angle iron looks amateurish but you finding 3 of them spread out could mean that they were made for or by a PD retailer. The tower really interests me, one I haven't seen. It appears to be constructed the way PD did it. They bent 16 ga steel to make their angles and braces. Is the tower 5' or shorter? The earliest PDs had 3.5' tall towers and the props were a little shorter, maybe 5'.