Mystery hub

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Mystery hub

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That would be cool !! Keep us posted.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Posting the parts price page is enlighting , shows that hub fits lots of different model including "Chicago" Aermotor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The price list that Peter posted shows hub replacement for Toronto and Stratford mills. Does anybody have more information on the Stratford mills? Were they basically the same as the Toronto or Aermotor?
Gregg
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

The fellow that had the hub, gave it to me yesterday. It is definitely the hub mentioned in the price list. It has a part number of ENA 61, the regular hub has ENA 59 and Toronto spokes fit. It's the first one I have seen, so now I will have to put one like that together. :D
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Peter that hole in the side of the Hub is that an oil access hole? My transition Bell Hub has one but my other two don't.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Dan, the hub is hollow. The holes were probably there to get the sand out from the core when casting it. The bell hub Toronto also had one hole and the oil bath Toronto had three large oval holes.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Okay the single hole in my Bell Hub was so you could get at the oil hole on top of the snout under the Hub.