Trade Fair

Gregg

Re: Trade Fair

Post by Gregg »

We just made a reservation in Pipestone and the woman at the hotel told us it was the last room.
Gregg
Les Jacox

Post by Les Jacox »

I don't recall when we got our registration, but I talked to Terry, I think
on Tuesday, and he said they had it.
We are staying in Pipestone. Hope to see all of you there.
Les Jacox
Garland, NE
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

I had no trouble booking in Pipestone today. Booked a room at the OYO as you can cancel right up to the day before. You pay when you check in.
This suits me fine as in my situation things can change at any time.
Will be composing a list of parts that I need later on.
Joe
Challenge 27

Post by Challenge 27 »

hmmmmmm . . .

Gregg, which motel are you staying at? I called the Grandstay Hotel Thursday morning and got myself a room. Wonder how many fellow vintage windmillers I will see there.

Challenge 27

P.S. There was a trade fair in Spearman, Texas years ago. I waited until the last minute and found a 3rd rate motel some miles away. Walked into the bathroom and found a dead cricket on the floor. Was talking to a guy at work some time later about that and he opined "better a dead one than a live one." Wonder what fellow vintage windmillers would say to that.

P.P.S. At one of the trade fairs at Kendallville, Indiana, walked into the motel room I had reserved and found a baby laying on the bed! Unlike the cricket in Spearman he/she was alive. Then one of the women in the cleaning crew rushed in and retrieved it. She had had that baby some months ago and would bring it to work, carrying him/her from room to room as they cleaned the rooms.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We made our reservation at the Grandstay about 5pm.
Your lucky someone claimed the baby, you might have had to take it home.:-)
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I love to travel but don't like finding motel rooms and places to eat in towns I've never been to. Sometimes it's a crap shoot.