Shattuck and Panhandle region

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Shattuck and Panhandle region

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I hope everyone remembers our friends there in thought and prayer, they evacuated the town. I think the worst is up near Gage but its bad for a lot of ranchers and farmsteads. Pretty bad wild fire day.
windybob

Re: Shattuck and Panhandle region

Post by windybob »

Yes it is. Lots of smoke from it here. Hope there is NO loss of life.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In the paper yesterday they didn't report any deaths.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Sadly, there was one lady in Stinette that was found in her burned out basement, I guess another person was killed while trying to flee when they collided with a fire truck but am not sure if that officially would be a fire death but then again it probably wouldn't have happened without a fire. Sounds like several firefighters have been injured in collisions with other fire trucks, hard to see your hood ornament in that kind of smoke. The wind is out of the South and here in Kansas it is pretty smokey from down there. It really makes me sad to see this all play out.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

YES!
Terry

Post by Terry »

I talked to Doug tonight at Shattuck. He said the fire department got the fire stopped about 1.5 miles north of Shattuck. The wind was out of the North. No damage in town. Gage the next town to the East about 7 miles had several houses burned on the West side of town. It sounds as though the houses had no one living in them and it probable improved the town with them gone.
The fire department rolled a truck. Several fire fighters were injured. But no one died. That is very good.
Terry
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Thanks guys for keeping us posted , we all have great concern for all those folks in north TX affected by the fire .