New Member in NY

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
tst

New Member in NY

Post by tst »

Hi All I am new to windmills but I am old and have patience and work on old tractors, motorcycles, hit and miss so its all old iron, I picked up a windmill project and will be asking questions trying to figure out the pile of goodies I have and what is good, bad missing etc
It is a Aermotor A602 early type I believe as it has the V spokes for the fan, The previous owner started on it some time ago and gave up, so I bought it, good part is he had shipped the gearbox to Dakota Windmill so its all rebuilt, will be posting more in the projects thread and post pictures so more experienced eyes can chime in as I am a new to all this and will probably need some guidance, the A602 is clear on the gear case so that was easy, on the end of the hub shaft it is stamped E 20 with a N underneath, is this a production date ?
will post pics and more dumb questions soon
thanks Tim
windybob

Re: New Member in NY

Post by windybob »

Most likely. They were made from 1916 to 1933. There are differences between older and newer 602 mills. The key phrase you mentioned was "I am old and have patience". Kinda made my day. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Welcome to the forum Tim. I also am from NY located in Alcove. I have some 602s in my collection from very early to later.If you have any questions this is the place to be. What part of NY are you located?
tst

Post by tst »

not far from you by Poughkeepsie
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Yep your a little south of me,i do have some 602 parts if needed.If you need help with assembly and tower work id be glad to help you.Keep in touch and if you want you can P.M. me . Dan
tst

Post by tst »

Thanks Dan appreciate that, as you know not much resources in the east for windmills like out west, will be posting shortly my pile of 602 and plans for it
Tim