What were factory colors on a Samson Oil Rite Model S??

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
DennisT

What were factory colors on a Samson Oil Rite Model S??

Post by DennisT »

Guess that says it. I have no idea what color Samson Oil Rite S's were painted. Vane lettering appears to be black, for whatever that's worth.
Anyone know?
Thanks, Dennis
CTXmiller

Re: What were factory colors on a Samson Oil Rite Model S??

Post by CTXmiller »

I believe the consensus was from prior discussions on the forum was that Samsons were black, but for the Airflow which was green.
DennisT

Post by DennisT »

Fooey. Now I remember something about that. I suppose I'll do black then. Just unexciting. It'll match the black lettering on the vane though !
Thanks, Dennis
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Stover manufactured mills sold by Sears as the Champion could be different colors. If it is a Champion variant, I’ve seen red on some to which I believe was the original color.
DennisT

Post by DennisT »

Thanks. My main gear case has cast Stover markings. No idea if their, "Champion," brand would be so marked. Side note, and perhaps better on a new topic post, there is a milled, "flat," on the main case snout that is stamped with what I might guess to be a serial number. (See photo) Anyone figure those out? If there is any way to date the year built it would be interesting, but if there is a thread on that subject I've missed it.
And at the end of the stamped number there seems to be a lazy 8 on it's side. Inspector? And, of course, the casting number which identifies, in part, the mill as being an, "S," (Timken roller version), and an 8-foot mill.
??????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.