Surprise find at my great grandfather's old home in Texas

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
DennisT

Surprise find at my great grandfather's old home in Texas

Post by DennisT »

So I'm back from short visit to Austin, Texas to see grandson graduate from grad school. Made it to Dublin to see the beautiful home my great grandfather had built in 1895. No time for anything else windmill. Home needs a lot of help now, but has new owners. Behind what must have been the stone water tower was what is left of the windmill. ( !!! ) I'm stunned it's still there, even with missing fan, tailbone and vane. A quick post elsewhere brought one reply that it appears to be a Samson Air Flow. No comment on what the tower is. If I can gather enough information on this mill to be interesting, I'll try to forward it to whoever the new owners are, and encourage them to save it and make it part of their intended restoration. Thanks again, Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Surprise find at my great grandfather's old home in Texas

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That is a nice looking old house. I believe the tower is a Baker !!
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I’d agree, a Baker tower with Stover stub. Airflow is correct on the gearbox.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Awesome!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Dennis , did you get to drink a "real" DR Pepper ?
Even a short visit to Texas is worth the effort , thanks for coming and leaving your tax money with us ...... :lol:
DennisT

Post by DennisT »

Ha, Mtblah! I guess I've no idea what the real Dr. Pepper is then. Means I'll have to return to find out !!!
Great visit. Got to see inside of your Capital in Austin. Wow. I think it should replace the one in Washington D. C. I felt more patriotic just walking through it.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Many many yeas ago my uncle was born and raised down there in Tx somewhere. they offered his dad a Dr Pepper franchise to take to the pacific northwest where dr pepper was not heard of yet. so they packed up and moved. The rest is history. Some of my fondest memories are going up there to visit them and the other half of my family. I just wish I had all those Dr Pepper advertising thingys laying all over their garage and property. My uncle and aunt ( moms sister) still live on their farm they bought many years ago when they moved there.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.