What model and make?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Mitten State farmer

What model and make?

Post by Mitten State farmer »

Just got this home. Want to clean it up and see what parts are needed and where to get. I have only what is in the pics. I'll clean the gearbox inside out and try to get a better view of it. This is my first rebuild, are there any part assembly docs available for it? Thanks for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Re: What model and make?

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum.

The gearbox and vane look to be a Heller-Aller. The tower and fan appear to be Aermotor with an adapted hub.

download/file.php?id=256&mode=view
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I agree !!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Here too. I've seen wheels that had welded ends on them to adapt to other mills. Luckily, H/A mills spin CW like Aermotors.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Craig , appears to be in very nice complete condition , take many photos when doing any dissembly so as to NOT forget how to reassemble
Mitten State farmer

Post by Mitten State farmer »

Thanks to all for the info. Will follow up with PM for Dan Benjamin number. I'm getting started so will do some looking at others projects for ideas of what I need to do next.