Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
windmillerman

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by windmillerman »

1 more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wind fab

Re: Can anyone help me identify the make and possible year of the wind I just purchased.

Post by wind fab »

hey

could be aermotor RA around 1910

paul
Dew

Post by Dew »

Sweet ! I'm still working on the gears to break them free. I'm also looking around here for a 602 or 702. Have friends and family keeping their eyes open too. I have come across a few but none willing to sell what they have. They love them working or not , fully understand that one. I have cleaned up the derik and she has fresh coat of paint. I've also built a new platform for it and painted it too. I'm now adding on extensions to bottom of derick. They will the part that goes into the ground/foundation when I set it. Pictures to follow. ~ DEW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dew

Post by Dew »

20190518_141445.jpg
20190525_141034.jpg
20190520_151730.jpg
Dew

Post by Dew »

I have a question ? for guys. I know the windmill is over a hundred years old , you've helped identified that it's Areomotor with one of the first open gears. My question is Where would of this been made back in the day? Is there any markings on it to identify where ? ~DEW

P.S I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THE INFORMATION, PICTURES AND HELP
YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN. ~ DEW
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Chicago
Dew

Post by Dew »

Thank you ! Wayne much appreciated ~Dew
Dew

Post by Dew »

I'm exploring the site and all the information. I come across topic of people searching for certain parts etc... As I had said in Pryor post in looking for 602 or 702. I noticed that some of you were looking for L602, L702 or D702. What does the letter stand for L/D. ? Is this something I need to include my search?? Please and Thank you in advance ~DEW
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

The size of the mill
X702 = 6’
A702 = 8’
L702 = 20’...I believe..I could be wrong, but it is big.

Towers are made to size based upon the angle iron size/thickness for specific size mills. You couldn’t put a 14’ mill on a tower designed for a 6’/8’ mill as the tower is too weak. You’d probably be looking for a X (6’) or A (8’) mill for your tower.
Dew

Post by Dew »

Now that I read your post I remember that we had found a number on part of the gears and it started with an A" indicating that it had 8' mill originally on it. I plan putting a 8' back on her. Thank you CTXmiller