Monitor K furl system

......when you need to get in the weeds.
Centex Windmills

Monitor K furl system

Post by Centex Windmills »

Just finished the K, but have a question on the furl system as it just seems like I'm missing something.

The chain comes up the mast pipe, around first pulley, then the horizontal pulley and then to the little metal piece hooked to the linkage.

Is that correct or am I missing something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Monitor K furl system

Post by windybob »

That appears to be an awfully large chain. Here's the deal......In between the horizontal pulley and the hook, the chain hooks to the tailspring on the 6th or 7th link from the hook. if the chain is extra large for the mill, that adjustment may be off, but from the hook....count links, and hook the tailspring. then the chain goes from the spring down the neck.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Centex Windmills

Thanks windy, it's the same size chain that came on the mill when it was working and length I think the just looks big. I'll have to get the tailspring and tail and get it all set up.
windybob wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:20 pm That appears to be an awfully large chain. Here's the deal......In between the horizontal pulley and the hook, the chain hooks to the tailspring on the 6th or 7th link from the hook. if the chain is extra large for the mill, that adjustment may be off, but from the hook....count links, and hook the tailspring. then the chain goes from the spring down the neck.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Sure is a clean floor
AND
your usual beautiful restoration, another windmill about to be up and singing
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Looks good
Centex Windmills

mtblah wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:56 pm Sure is a clean floor
AND
your usual beautiful restoration, another windmill about to be up and singing
Thanks for the compliment, epoxy floors hide alot haha November 9th it and 3 others go up.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Please take photos! on Nov 9th