Hub Taps for Aermotor

If you know of a source for components, hardware, materials and tooling, post it here.
JBarker

Hub Taps for Aermotor

Post by JBarker »

Please list the places we can purchase a hub tap for Aermotor wheel. We are trying to source cheaper alternatives. Thanks

Aermotor Co
Dakota Windmills
Jerry Wade Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
CTXmiller

Re: Hub Taps for Aermotor

Post by CTXmiller »

Not sure if this place either went out of business or not, but I had it book marked from a prior discussion on here, in case I needed one. They might sell more than one size…or not as I’m unsure. Shows currently out of stock.

https://www.victornet.com/detail/TAST-15/32-12.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

I was never a fan of hub taps as they have a tendency to make the threaded hole more loose than already is..

What I have done is to take an aermotor thread bolt and cut 2 flutes in it. I cut the flutes in with either an angle grinder or chopsaw with a thin blade. Angle the flute to the leading edge so dirt/debris is pulled out of the thread groove. This is very effective for cleaning a thread without removing material. This is what it looks like , but on a standard thread bolt. I have used it on other applications besides windmill hubs.

20240730_152831.jpg

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Ron Stauffer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:13 pm I was never a fan of hub taps as they have a tendency to make the threaded hole more loose than already is..

What I have done is to take an aermotor thread bolt and cut 2 flutes in it. I cut the flutes in with either an angle grinder or chopsaw with a thin blade. Angle the flute to the leading edge so dirt/debris is pulled out of the thread groove. This is very effective for cleaning a thread without removing material. This is what it looks like , but on a standard thread bolt. I have used it on other applications besides windmill hubs.

20240730_152831.jpg

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Great idea Ron! I believe like you, that the hub tap takes out too much material and could make the wheel arm more loose than necessary. Thanks''

Jerry
Jerry Wade Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com