Baker hole punch

Break something? We understand your frustration. Vent about it here.
windybob

Re: Baker hole punch

Post by windybob »

I saw a 20 ton hole punch on marketplace that punches holes up to 13/16 in 1/4 in steel. 250 bucks. It looks like the punches that we all use, just bigger. Would hate to strap that on my tool belt and climb a tower to punch a bunch of holes with it up there. lol
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

That stuff I bought was back in 2008. last year I picked up a 702 Aermotor with 4 extra sail sections. Included was a 8 foot stub tower
complete with furling. The fellow I purchased the mill from was going to weld every thing up so nothing could move and had planned to mount
it on his garage wall. I had to pay $500.00 to prevent him doing that. The bearings where shot and new parts cost too much in Canadian bucks.
This is the stub tower I am now working on to replace a similar section of Monitor L that lost its wheel after the customer tried to prevent
the wheel from turning after he was not able to furl. What ever method he used resulted in the crank plate breaking releasing the wheel and
falling to the ground.
Right now I am going to install the spokes which I salvaged from a 602 head I found in a scrap pile at an auction. Getting the spokes ready
has been frustrating in that they were badly deformed. The head is fine, looks like almost new babbitt. Have a good bonnet.
The weather has been around 100F for the last while, way too hot to work outside .I don't have to have the mill ready until July 19th
so that helps. Cooler temps on the way
windybob

Post by windybob »

I sure didn't know it was so bloody hot up there like it is here. I understand the staying in, and being too hot to do anything.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

I went to Saskatchewan last week to do the B602 job. Worked all day getting the old tower down and stub installed. Sure could have
used that punch. Took me about an hour to drill the holes. I drilled them using 3 different sizes of drill bits using 3 different drills.
Made it easier but working 100 degree temps was no fun. We got the mill up using a JCB Telehandler which proved to be a challenge. Handler
boom only works up, down, back and forwards. Good thing we had excellent operator. Taking the mill down was not a pretty scene.
After the mill was erected we wanted at least some wind to show up so we could run the fan. That was last Friday. I came home that PM.
Today I contacted the customer, he said zero wind. He left the farm after furling the mill and has returned to Calgary.
I think the extreme hot weather is responsible for the lack of wind.
Right now it is almost 103F. In the house without A/C temps sitting at 87F
This kind of weather hit us last summer at the same time.
windybob

Post by windybob »

wow that heat is a really tough thing. We finally have our heat wave broken by some rare summer cold fronts. We will certainly take it. It will get hot again, but at least we have a reprieve.