Headed back from trade fair and ...

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
wind fab

Re: Headed back from trade fair and ...

Post by wind fab »

fellow windmillers

steve and i got back to steves place around 3pm today, good to see everyone hope everyone gets back safely

paul now in CANADA :lol:
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy, Did you hear or read anything about that situation. I'd like to know the outcome.
Dempster

Post by Dempster »

I took US Highway 77 south out of Lincoln Saturday, and went through Beatrice. Saw the sad sight of the once busy Dempster factory building sitting abandoned, on the west side of the highway on the south side of town. About 25 years ago, I can remember driving up late in the night on a business trip, driving up US77 from Manhattan, KS to Lincoln. NE. When I came through Beatrice, I saw a lighted the lighted Dempster factory building. And inside on the front sales floor was a brand new 6' Dempster #12 on display. That was before cell phone cameras, but I can still remember seeing it. I really only noticed it then as we had a Dempster windmill on our ranch, and associated the factory with the stenciled name on the vane. This was before I had a keen interest in windmills.

I was able to snap a few pics when I drove by the factory last weekend. Sorry for the layout - Can't figure how to get the pics turned right side up.

Lance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Lance, I didn't know you went to the fair. Thanks for the pics. Wayne, The short answer is no.

'By the way, I'd like to find out if anyone heard from or saw Randy Stubbs? I'm sure he doesn't live far from there. LAst I heard he was entering politics?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I did not see Randy at the trade fair, and the last I knew he did not get his political position. But then, I don't remember seeing Lance if he was there either.

Gregg
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks Gregg.
Dave Straub

Post by Dave Straub »

Hey Windy, how come the wind didn't blow you up to the Trade Fair?
windybob

Post by windybob »

Things just didn't work out with everything going on here, and distance. Next year should be no problem.
Dempster

Post by Dempster »

Gregg, I was there, but didn't arrive until later in the afternoon on Wednesday. I didn't really get to spend much time in the back where all the windmillers trailers and trucks were, as I had my wife with me. I did see you briefly but didn't get to say hello. I still enjoyed the trip and look forward to seeing everyone at the next trade fair in Shattuck. Hope you can make it.

Lance