#3 Dempster Vaneless

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
rockingjl

#3 Dempster Vaneless

Post by rockingjl »

I am going to be starting cleanup and painting. What colors would be correct for the parts other than the white blades with red tips. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mister Ed

Re: #3 Dempster Vaneless

Post by Mister Ed »

Personally, I think you should listen to your wife and just realize the fact that you do not need that pile of kindling.

I would be glad to take it off your hands ... winters are cold up here.
Thanks,
Ed
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

What you see are what the ones I've seen are, Black.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Mister Ed wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 pm Personally, I think you should listen to your wife and just realize the fact that you do not need that pile of kindling.

I would be glad to take it off your hands ... winters are cold up here.
Lol, Ed. Thanks for offer
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Wayne wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:05 am What you see are what the ones I've seen are, Black.
Thanks Wayne. This one looked like it was Ford Engine Blue. I did see that most were black but one I saw that had Paul's windmill service referenced looked like the main parts were a blue and the blade hardware was black. Sounds like black would be the color to use.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Boxes from South Dakota waiting for me when I got home today! Thanks Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Of course it's your windmill. Any color you like is good. Most people around here that stop to look at my windmills have no idea if they are the correct color. I painted my Hummer model E blades Yellow with red tips because I had two others that are white with red tips and have a Duplex Yellow with green tips, so figured I'd give myself some variety.