My B-702 is up and running

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
hwy8

My B-702 is up and running

Post by hwy8 »

I still need to mount my platform and do some painting to the pump and pump-jack but it will be done soon. It's been running smoothly 24 hours a day for 2+weeks now. We live in town and the neighbors all love it! (What a relief, since I didn't tell them that I was putting it up!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Re: My B-702 is up and running

Post by CTXmiller »

Very nice
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

very nice, thanks for the inspiration. and beautiful landscaping !
I'm like you, not telling the neighbors till the boom truck gets here to stand the tower up / with A702 attached.
Mike Blahnik
New Braunfels TX
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Way to go. What a beautiful setting. Who has the green thumb? Thanks for sharing.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Very nice!!
Thanks,
Ed
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Very nice. The tail spring should attach from the bottom, not from the top. Other than that (and I am nit picking) looks good.
windybob

Post by windybob »

The whole area is great! I also love the landscaping. Nice!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Thanks for the tip about mounting the spring, something didn't seem quite right about the way I did it. I also realized that 40 pound bucket of water hooked to the pump rod wouldn't do much but it might be fun to watch for awhile. And also, thanks for the compliments on my green thumb. I do have to say....In order to make believe we are living in the country, I planted many tall-growing arborvitaes real close to each other all the way around the back yard. When the neighbor asked why I had planted all of the trees, I said like a smart aleck, "I'm going to run a nudist camp back there!" That night at dinner, he told his kids what I said and he explained to them what a nudist camp is and they all had a laugh. Since then, I've been keeping my head low, figuring they were going to go to school and tell their teachers, "the old guy down the street is going to have naked people running around his backyard!" If anyone else asks, I'm just going to tell them "I'm planning on raising a few pigs back there": That ought to reduce the chances for controversy......
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

hwy8 Good to see another Aermotor getting a second life. Nice looking place you have there. Glad the neighbor's didn't get mad about the windmill going up.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

When we where at Rochester in 2015 I was amazed at the shelter belts around the houses. You knew when you saw a big group of trees there was a house down in their somewhere, and a lot of the time there would be a windmill sticking it's head above the trees.