Sad News

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Minnemiller

Sad News

Post by Minnemiller »

Its hard to write this as Ralph was a good friend. Many of you knew Ralph Wiebusch. He and his wife Wanda hosted a couple trade fairs in Rochester MN and Ralph collected and restored windmills for around 30 years. Unfortunately Ralph was in hospice care for a brief period and passed yesterday evening. He will me missed and is in a better place now.
Gregg

Re: Sad News

Post by Gregg »

Thanks for the update. Prayers out to Wanda. I always enjoyed visiting with Ralph.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Sorry to hear that. Had been wondering about he was doing. Always enjoyed my visits with him at Trade Fairs. Bought my Duplex from him at El Dorado one year.
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Weibusch family.

Kenneth and Barbara
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

So Sad to hear.
Thanks,
Ed
Terry

Post by Terry »

Ralph R. Wiebusch
November 11, 1941 ~ September 6, 2020 (age 78)
Obituary & Services
Tribute Wall
Obituary

Ralph Rudolph Wiebusch, 78, of Zumbro Falls, died on Sunday, September 6, 2020, at home surrounded by family. Ralph was born in Zumbro Falls on November 11, 1941, to Raymond and Mildred (Clare) Wiebusch. He attended schools in Zumbro Falls and Lake City. Ralph served in the Army Reserves and in his earlier years worked at the Oak Center Creamery, Schmauss Plumbing and Heating in Lake City, and Roberson Plumbing in Zumbro Falls. On May 13, 1967 he married Carol Peterson, and they lived briefly in Lake City before returning to Zumbro Falls. They later divorced. Ralph farmed for several years and then began trucking in 1976, hauling hay and straw, until selling his business in 2007. He married Wanda Clark on March 13, 1993. Ralph was a kind and gentle man, always with a story to share. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and gardening including planting a Christmas Tree farm and pumpkin patch that provided joy to many over the years. He was a gifted woodworker and has given many keepsake treasures. Ralph's passion was windmills. He loved hunting for windmills, taking them down, and restoring them. He placed over 30 restored windmills on his property next to his home, and installed restored windmills at the Minnesota Zoo and the Minnesota Historical Society for all to enjoy. Ralph enjoyed the journey, and in spite of the many challenges life handed him he continued to do what he loved, installing his last windmill just weeks before his death.

He is survived by his wife Wanda; children, Cindy (Matt) Rice of Golden Valley, MN, Brock Wiebusch of Kalispell, MT; step-children, David (Kari) Clark of Amery, WI, Michelle Olson of Amery WI, and Raquel (Eric) Mead of Knife River, MN; eight grandchildren, Dane, Megan, Samantha, Jordan, Brendan, Elsa, Signe, and Danika; three great-grandchildren, Kevin, Isabella, and Lincoln; and nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and siblings.

A graveside service will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, September 15, 2020, at Trinity Lutheran Church Lincoln Cemetery. Visitation will from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, September 14, 2020, at the Mahn Family Funeral Home, Anderson-Peterson Chapel in Lake City. Masks and social distancing are required. A celebration of Ralph’s life will be held at a later date. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mahnfamilyfuneralhome.com

To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Ralph R. Wiebusch, please visit our floral store.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Sorry. Sad.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Les Jacox

Post by Les Jacox »

Our deepest sympathy to the family.
Les Jacox
Garland, NE
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Sad to hear this. Wish I'd had a chance to meet Ralph. We'll be praying for his family.
PaulV
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

Thank you all. I will share this with Wanda at some point. Take care.