Open gear Aermotor

Need something? Post your request here.
Wind Charger Mike

Open gear Aermotor

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

I’m looking for an open gear Aermotor to put on my 40’ tilt tower. Prefer a complete mill, ready to go. Not particular on year. I have a few 1903 RA parts, main casting, misc worn out parts, also a good bell hub. Cash or trades for parts and/or a wind electric.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Open gear Aermotor

Post by windybob »

Mike, the base on the tower I had, was terribly weak. I added girts and X braces to help it out. No wonder the thing fell down. From the literature Kevin sent me, there were more than 1 design of those towers, some looked fairly sturdy some, not so much.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

I may add some stiffeners too. It’s like they only designed it for the gravity load and forgot about wind load. Maybe they were just cheap. Is the tilt up literature available on the web somewhere?
Thanks
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't know...If I can find these copies I have, I can fax them to you? They are pretty interesting.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »