Powerlight Aircharger

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Powerlight Aircharger

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Does anyone know anything about this? I think I got the stub tower and the wood prop that fits it, I was told it was contracted made by Wincharger but I have no idea? Its all there other than the generator is gone, it has the gear box and all intact but the shaft and generator is missing. I wonder if a Wincharger would be a drop in replacement? I don't know anything about the ratio but I might rig up an old car generator if nothing else? Anyone got some suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Powerlight Aircharger

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

It is a 32V Wincharger sold by Montgomery Ward, "Powerlite" being the retailer's trade name. I believe its a 1000W. Not sure about the gear ratio but I probably have a generator that fits, I'll check. It's the early gearbox design. The 6V machines sold by Montgomery Ward had "Truetone" on the tail vane.
Likewise the Winchargers sold by Sears used "Powermaster" and "Silvertone" for the 32 and 6V machines.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

20180124_170914.jpg
And Eatons "Viking" up here in Canada 🇨🇦
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Good looking model 38 tail vane....Did I do that one? Here's a couple more Canada brands...Hardware stores?
Vasile_PD_02.jpg
IMG_5069.JPG
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

I traced that one out and had the decal made. I sent you the specs. That was a few years ago