Cheap fix

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Ken O'Brock

Re: Cheap fix

Post by Ken O'Brock »

Check with Daniel at Windmill 702 in Laredo, TX. That's where the Mexican mills are warehoused. Phone
956-717-2900. www.windmill702.com He probably has them in stock. You will want to get the arms too in case the balls on the end of yours are worn down and they won't stay in the sockets.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Ken O'Brock wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 am Check with Daniel at Windmill 702 in Laredo, TX. That's where the Mexican mills are warehoused. Phone
956-717-2900. www.windmill702.com He probably has them in stock. You will want to get the arms too in case the balls on the end of yours are worn down and they won't stay in the sockets.
Who makes these mills? Anybody know any history of this company? I'm not to familiar with them. Thanks.
Jerry Wade Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Aaron
Am guessing that maybe your dust has static charge to be an issue as have never seen panels impacted more than 10% from dust. If that is the case, appropriate grounding would help.

And sorta forgot. Be aware the Mexicans have messed with original Chicago style castings and not all parts interchange even tho it is billed as 702

Ron
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Our dust has bad static charge, it kills the wheat from it. Also, it builds up enough on the wire come down to the pull out lever on the windmill it will really zap you if you touch it. Thanks for the warning on the Mexican parts.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Just wanted to thank everyone, I got everything I needed now. Hopefully this 16ft project will get done now and I can move on to something bigger.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Toss a picture this way when you get it done!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Ron Stauffer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am Aaron

... Be aware the Mexicans have messed with original Chicago style castings and not all parts interchange even tho it is billed as 702

Ron
The upper furl is the same size and dimension as the Aermotor upper furl. The WindEngine furl is made of a solid cast base and does not have any tin on it. I have used them on many Aermotor windmills and they have worked just fine. About 99% of the WindEngine parts are interchangeable with the Aermotor parts.

Bryon