Another 602 rebuild

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Tomdee1

Re: Another 602 rebuild

Post by Tomdee1 »

For this project I used two 602 to come up with the parts and I ran across this difference on part A551. I guess they were different models.
Tomdee1

Post by Tomdee1 »

Forgot to add the phota
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

602 mills went through a ton of changes from inception till the end.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Tomdee1

Post by Tomdee1 »

I do have a question. I cannot find the bolt that I used on the part A551. It does not appear that I should tighten too much, because it would cause more resistance, but I do not want it to back out. Can I use thread locker?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tomdee1

Post by Tomdee1 »

My wife is helping paint the tail and she is getting close
windybob

Post by windybob »

The 551 bar should be tight on the ear where the bolt goes through. you could use a washer for taking up space. 2) no space between the front of the bar, under the hoop case ear. 3) slight pressure on the crank gear shaft, no play or slop. You can also tweak the 551 by welding or grinding, or both.

If the bar has space under where the bolt goes, it will snap if the bolt is tight. You can keep an eye on it by using a feeler guage.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Nice job on the tailvane.Take your wife out to dinner!!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Tom , was your wife a sign painter in a past life ?
That tail will be very visible when in the wind 25 ft up .
Tomdee1

Post by Tomdee1 »

Thanks again. There is space between the ear. And if I tighten it seems to have too much pressure. So I will try a washer under or grind a little.
And I will tell my wife. She was not real happy with her work
Interesting about Crowther started the first Boy Scout troop in San Angelo in 1911. He was president of the school board, charter member of the kiwanas and a Mason.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'm going for a visit to San Angelo this weekend. Will get there Thursday and come home Sunday. They are having an art show at Ft. Concho featuring the American Plains Artist. We had them at the Pearce last year. Great group of artist.