Kevin's b602 project

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
CTXmiller

Re: Kevin's b602 project

Post by CTXmiller »

Last photo…hole in tailbone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:54 am Michael did you recently rebuilt a number 12 Dempster for someone in Oklahoma ?
No sir. As a general premise, I dislike anything to do with a Dempster rebuild. My wife’s uncle is intending to purchase a rebuild 6’ #12 via WindyBob.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

But Michael , i "love " my #12 Dempster !!!!!!!!!!!
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Mike - I know you love your #12. ;)

Most of the Dempsters I encounter are those of a typical Dempster, which have been frozen up for years or decades or completely destroyed thru neglect. The frozen up part is my turn off on them, plus their engineers seemingly got paid per design changes they could make.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

I and many others agree with all of the above .
Kevinwterry

Post by Kevinwterry »

Thanks again Ctxmiller for taking the time to get me some measurements. Really appreciate it!!

I'm thinking about building the 702 style with the angle iron. Seems stronger to me. A couple questions I have is does the 2 short vertical sections in the middle swivel or are they in a fixed position? I think one mounts to the large spring. And what are all the holes for on the top portion? Govenor adjustments? Dont quite understand how that system works yet. I think it has to tie into the brake system somehow. I'm still waiting on some parts I ordered, I'm sure it will make more sense after that.
Kevinwterry

Post by Kevinwterry »

Also was wondering how to get the windmill spoke brace on the spokes. They have a slit on the ends, I figured because of the 2 different spoke angles. Are you supposed to bend them enough to get the spoke in the hole?
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Yep that's what the slit is for so you can bend them out to fit the spoke and then bend them back to meet.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I casually, and respectfully disagree. No spoke bending. There have been more spokes tossed in the trash than my old beer can habit.

You thread them in. put one end through, and turn it to make the V fit in place. It's easy once you get it.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Bob were talking about bending the clips not the V Rods.Reread the post.😁