Unknown tower

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Smax

Unknown tower

Post by Smax »

A friend gave me this three legged tower need help identifying did not have turn table.has folded steel ladder rungs,wire
IMG_20190130_122250.jpg
braces without eccentics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dempster

Re: Unknown tower

Post by Dempster »

The only tower I've seen with folded sheet metal ladder steps is stover. However, I've only seen 4 legged, not 3 legged. Stover also have eccentric tightening washers, just a slight bit smaller in size than Dempster.

Lance
Smax

Post by Smax »

Thanks ,Stover was the closest I could come up with. The wire braces are on the inside of the tower. Having not seen a Stover up close was not sure
Steve
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I got some of that also, someone told me it was a generator tower but that is just what I was told? I think I got enough ladder for 50 foot or more but not very much tower.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

ImageWincharger made 3 legged towers but the legs have a very distinctive 3 sided shape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wind Charger Mike on Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smax

Post by Smax »

This one came from a windmill a friend took down just don't remember what brand.
Smax

Post by Smax »

This one came from a windmill a friend took down just don't remember what brand.Will try and get better photos
Later