X518 aermotor spout washer

Need something? Post your request here.
jsumptersr

X518 aermotor spout washer

Post by jsumptersr »

Rebuilding my fathers old 6ft 602 and found a broke X518 spout washer on tear down. Thought no problem will order a new one, but it seams to be obsolete and no one has them. Hoping to find any info on locating a new or used one as it is the only thing stopping reassembly. Any one know where a person could find one of these, any help would be greatly appreciated.
windybob

Re: X518 aermotor spout washer

Post by windybob »

Unless they completely stopped selling those, I have bought those before. They have a little smaller shaft hole that ones for the 702. As far as I know, you can use one of those. Or you can braze yours back together if you have the pieces. How is your spring that works with it? Sometimes those springs get worn down pretty bad.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
jsumptersr

Post by jsumptersr »

Tried both Aermotor in Texas and they recommend Muller Industries and both have been no. Have got the pieces and bronze rod that is most likely the final step, not real experienced brazing cast but may have to learn. Bought two others, A618 which I was told may fit but they don't may break one and practice before doing the X518 to learn,
windybob

Post by windybob »

Okay. I was sure they fit. Sorry.
jsumptersr

Post by jsumptersr »

Online they all looked the same to me too. The A618 and the 718 are somewhat close and might by chance interchange but the X518 is totaly smaller, the others will not even slide any where close to being in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

X is for a 6 ft mill, A is for an 8 ft. They should interchange in the same sized head. Even with new ones, you sometimes need to tweak them.

I have swapped them before
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

The 518 is an original part number spout washer for a 602 mill. The 618 is a recast aftermarket spout washer for the 602. I recognize the casting number as the same as Dakota Windmill sells.

There are additional differences in the 518 and 718 besides shaft diameter and the notch for the key. The shape of the oil dripper, the offset from the small gear and the spring side surface is different. The offset is 1/4" different
spout washers.jpg

If you decide to braze your broken one, the critical side goes against the small gear as it needs to be good and flat against the small gear to pick up oil. The spring side is not as critical as it doesnt have a moving contact

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks for that Ron. I see now.
jsumptersr

Post by jsumptersr »

Thanks for the moral support. Checked the possibility of grinding down the A618 to fit mine and I would have been clear down into the indent on the back side which I don't know if that is too good I finally ended up setting up and brazing mine and did fairly well and getting it put back together this evening.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

If it is a good braze, that will work fine.

If you didnt index at disassembly, look for the small gear that has the one smooth face side. The spout washer has kept it polished smooth and when back in the same position, there will be less chance of breakaage.

Ron