Flint & Walling 12

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Flint & Walling 12

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike I've been very busy since the weather finally got better with cleanups and building my barn. I'll try to get to my dad's this weekend i believe the parts are there.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Mike Hage wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:55 pm Is there cast piece on the vane where the bumper rod attaches? I can't see anything on the parts sheet.
There is, I forgot you needed that. Let me see if I can find my vane (cant be too far). That part was busted on mine, I welded a piece up the best I could.
Thanks,
Ed
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

Hey Mister Ed. I'm having trouble reading your caliper. What is the wire size of the spring and the diameter? So those 2 adjusting rods are 7/16 and the bumper rod looks to be about 1/2"?
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Mike - I just remeasured the bumper rod ... 0.480 ... a weird one.

Spring wire diam .285/.286. Coil diam ... call it 2.27 ... but it varies a bit.

Still cannot find my tail/vane. I put it up for safekeeping ... must have done a real good job at that.
Thanks,
Ed
Windcatcher530 Dan

Mike I didn't have any luck finding the parts you need pics and measurements of. I know they were there with other parts from different mills.my brother did a lot of scraping last fall Im hopping that's not what happened to them.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In looking for parts and things I have put up out of the way. I always put them where they will be easy to find when I need them. Yeah easy to find if I want them tomorrow but not 6 months from now. Then I look right at them and don't see them. What a life without such things happening, life would be boring.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Yes Wayne these are the golden years. Lately The only thing golden is my piss, I hope that wasn't to harsh.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Dan I think also, the reason they call them the golden years, is because that term was coined after they checked my doctors bank account.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

H1097-L88556391.png
I think I got a part mixed up. I have the bumper rod. The parts I need to find or make is the rod that goes from the spring to the vane and the backet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , that is called " the here after " ! I walk into the next room , stop and ponder , what an I here after ?
It's called getting older . My mother used to ask how I was doing , then laugh and say , you ain't seen nothing yet sonny .
Mike B