Monitor X

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Monitor X

Post by windybob »

Thanks. I could have looked it up, but i wanted to make you feel important. :lol: ;)
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I needed that!
windybob

Post by windybob »

;) You're a great guy Wayne!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CTXmiller

Monitor X

Post by CTXmiller »

Things are progressing slow on the X as I had to acquire a few parts, etc. I am trying to make sure I’ve got this right in my mind as all the parts in the photos were missing and thus have since been acquired. I’m not planning on putting an actual pump rod on this mill either.

Why two holes in the swivel slide? One hole is attached to the pullout lever wire/chain from what I understand. However is it best via a wire tied through the lower swivel slide hole or use something thicker like the bent rod in the photos or a quick link of a chain? Again, I’m not planning on running a pump rod so whatever I use will not be wore down by the pump rod action.

Is this laid out correctly? I plan to put a few washers to allow the swivel eye to spin easier.

About how long is the chain?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike my heller aller also has a pullout tube but the swivel is different. If it was me I would just use quarter inch coated cable from the swivel down to the pullout lever.but put double wire nuts on each end. Just my opinion.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Thank you
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I ended up making my own swivel guide, which is heavier and doesn’t bind up like the one in my prior photos. I’m not planning on running a pump rod.

I replaced all three bronze bushing and reassembled the head, but for tightening the cotter pins and installing the oil cups/plungers. I’m beefing up the top of the Baker tower as it just seems like a poor/weak design (forgot to take a photo of the tower).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Nice progress Micheal i can't wait to get my next open gear and start working on it. Won't be long!
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:28 pm Nice progress Micheal i can't wait to get my next open gear and start working on it. Won't be long!
Thank you. They are fun.

I’ve got a Parish that is ready to reassemble, but I’m awaiting on the hub and new shaft to return.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Nice ! Mines an old bell hub i think it's a 10ftr from the pic that was sent to me. I have three 8ftrs but no 10ftrs