Aeromotor

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
CTXmiller

Re: Aeromotor

Post by CTXmiller »

Russail wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:10 am Hey Dan are you sure on tower? I was thinking that was top of taller tower. This one measures about 13 ft
I was thinking they made a 13 or 14’ stub tower because I have my A702 on one. Perfect height for my small collection with no trees. I can get my tractor bucket to about platform height for tools, etc.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

It could be just the top of a tower my 53ft tower each section is a little over 13ft
Russail

Post by Russail »

The owner said her dad built it. I had my reservations till I found that aremotor had their plant in broken arrow here for a short time.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

It is far from a true blue 702. That is a FIASA vane, hub and wheel is Chicago era and the tower is FIASA era.

The "tower" is just the top 13' 8 5/8" section of a standard 4 post 27, 40 or 53 tower.

Is an Aer o motor, an Aermotor that is in Oklahoma?

Yes Aermotor was in Broken Bow but after some of those parts were made.

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
Russail

Post by Russail »

So Ron , your thinking it was assembled in broken arrow oklahoma with different Era parts? It's stamped F7
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

No, your hub and wheel is older than 1964, tower section is newer.

I would guess the stamp on the hoop is from a rebuilder.

Ron