Stover model M

......when you need to get in the weeds.
windybob

Re: Stover model M

Post by windybob »

Rerferring back to the numbers on the snout..... I looked at 3 I have, and the numbers are B 1987, B 8128, and another was blank, not cleaned up, and no number. I have another 1 or 2, but saw no need for looking at this point.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

My AirFlow tag. There are no numbers stamped on the case.

20170716_162228.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Paul

You have a photo of your Axtell tag/SN that you could post? Curious at its SN and how Axtell ran their SNs via models. Thanks
windybob

Post by windybob »

Maybe Santa could bring me an Airflow for Christmas. Only saw one once, couldn't make a deal. It's probably long since on the ground and dead. Problem is, I can't go back and check, because I forgot where it was. That was before the day I started writing them down. lol
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

They used to be a ten ft laying on the ground at a guys bone yard in Lubbock. Don't know if it's still there. He also collected gas engines I thought I might see him when I was at the show in Lubbock back in October. No show.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Sounds like a plan. As common as Stovers were around here, I'm surprised I don't see more of them.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

CTXmiller wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:42 am You have a photo of your Axtell tag/SN that you could post? Curious at its SN and how Axtell ran their SNs via models. Thanks
I'll be in the shop this evening and will get a pic.
PaulV
Russail

Post by Russail »

How common was it for the race plate to not have bearings but steal ring inside to be greased?
20221210_075230.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Russail on Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I’ve seen literature where the steel ring is discussed, but I’ve never seen one in person. To me, the ball bearing races are better. However if you had a race that facilitates only a ring, I’d probably use an oil impregnated thrust washer. Something like in the photo.
windybob

Post by windybob »

A few makers had those way way back. Probably cheaper than a ball race, but still do the job of less friction. Of course the key to any anti-friction means, is oil or grease.