Tower identification

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of wind generator you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Tower identification

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mark yes you can get a three legged stub tower there's a Amish guy in Pennsylvania who makes them and he's reasonable i use him. If interested I'll give you his number tomorrow
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Okay thanks Dan. I’m trying to get this thing bought. If I do I will get back with you
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I might have enough three legged iron if you want to try and make your own stub. I'm just down the road. I'll look today and see what I have.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Okay. Thanks Wayne
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I've got plenty of three legged iron. Have the 12 ft top of some tower with a top casting i don't recognize. Have a three legged stub with 47 inch legs no storm stay and the top casting is a mystery.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

The stub tower looks like it may be Wincharger, can’t see enough of the angle iron below it to tell for sure if it’s also Wincharger….likely is. As for what was mounted on, I have no idea. Possibly a 1970s wind generator?
windybob

Post by windybob »

If you go with Dempster, Or a Dempster # 12A the Dempster turntable cup should sit on that tower top. Set it on there, and see what kind of support it has. The storm stay can probably go from 30 " to 36" down from the top. Anywhere above a couple of inches up from the bottom of the neckpipe. Remember, the 12A is an 8 ft mill, but is totally different from the regular #12 . Everything is bigger and heavier. Make sure you have the proper hardware for the larger neckpipe to go thru. Turntables are larger also for the 12A, with a larger opening. Of course the platform location should be low enough.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Thanks Wayne, would it be possible to come to your place and see what we could do? Provided I get it bought.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Windy and Mike, I’m sorry, I’m just now realizing I posted this in two places. This technical stuff is over my head sometime. Okay, my bad, all the time.
I’m working on trying to get it bought and see what we can use it for. Stay tuned, for more information!
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's ok. I'm sure I've never made a booboo here. ;) :lol:
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.