Powermill in Wisconsin ID help please

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
windybob

Re: Powermill in Wisconsin ID help please

Post by windybob »

That's interesting. Thanks. Guess every little piece of information helps.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Sometimes your smaller windmill companies were lapse on that and some had various other manufacturers producing them
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Great looking farm. you should be proud. Good looking Farmall M. I love Farmalls. I have a Super M with a loader. It is my third arm.
gravel hill

Post by gravel hill »

Wayne...Thank you. That old M is a great piece of American Iron. Purchased new in 1946. Never overhauled or split...been repainted a few times. It pulls hay wagons and rakes for us every summer...It just plain runs whenever it's needed.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway..John Wayne.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Gravel Hill the gears on the foot gear look to be in good condition that's a big plus. The shaft bearings might be a little sloppy from the pic they look like bushings.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I also have an H. My Dad had an H. I use it to pull a pull behind bush hog. Mine are both 1953's. Yep put gas in them and they crank up and do the job. I haven't seen anybody reply about the fan sections at the trade fair we were trying to ID. I know some of you saw them. If it turns out to be a Monarch, I guess we will have ided the sections also.
windybob

Post by windybob »

If someone else wants info from the green book let me know. I know many folks don't have that book.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

I contacted Steve he's going to see if there's one at Lubbock if so he's sending me pics of the wheel and sail ties.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Windy if there's a pic or description of a steel monarch wheel that would be a big help. Thanks
gravel hill

Post by gravel hill »

I cleaned up the gears I found, not the foot gear though. You can see in the pic that it looks like two gears mesh together pretty well...but, I don't think those two loose gears belong to the top end...they do have casting numbers on them though. The shaft holes don't make any sense to me. I do think that the two gears on the shaft could have come from the top of the mill but, I'm certainly not familiar enough with mills to know. That's why I'm here...
No luck finding the tail vane or parts for that...so far.
IMG_1918.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway..John Wayne.