concrete pump

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

concrete pump

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Has anyone ever made one for grouting holes in block? I have been looking at older commercial ones, basically a baler plunger with a huge well cylinder pushing and a check valve system. Not rocket science. Where I live the mileage of hiring done would be a killer and I would need it in multiple stages so instead of using a crane and bucket I want to try to build a pump. I could go with a hydraulic cylinder, old baler, oilfield pump jack or whatever, just need to make a gate system or check valves, pipe to push through and hose to discharge. Could use white oil impregnated plastic for the plunger or 4 or 5 inch drilling rig pump seals, I am not looking for speed, just something a couple people can handle. Thanks for any thoughts.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: concrete pump

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Would a sludge pump work or too fast maybe ?
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Re: concrete pump

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I suppose one of the straight cylinder ones might? I am not in an area where there are many things like that used, I looked over on Ebay and didn't see anything but that is an excellent idea.